Sunday, May 10, 2009

Good Girl Piper
















Just when i thought i was a big girl being away from home i found out today that Piper, quite possibly the coolest dog in the world died yesterday... and i bawled my eyes out. it might sound ridiculous to fall apart over a dog but Piper was (and it's hard to write "was") the best dog! My sister jenn and her husband charley got Piper 10 years ago and i've never seen a dog with so much personality. She really was part of the family.
I'm getting teared up just thinking about never seeing her again.
i miss home. i miss piper. i just want to hug jenn and charley and chloe and cry with them.

i don't think i can ever own a pet. matty disagrees but i'm not sure i can handle it. chloe is probably handling it better than me.

bummed.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry, Kris...it's not ridiculous at all. :( Hope tomorrow is a happier day for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear this. The loss of a pet can be devastating. It's more than OK to be sad about it. And I think your sensitivity to and love for animals is exactly why you WILL be a pet owner someday.

    ReplyDelete