Tuesday, August 10, 2010

This Day in History, Or Was It?

This needed to be mentioned. I am feeling very weird about this whole International Date Line thing. Apparently August 10th just totally blew by us. As it stands, we did not experience 8-10-10. Like some weird universe vacuum or 24 hour human being suck portal, we failed to exist on August 10th. When the scholars looks back on that day and remember the things that happened (I’m sure SOMETHING happened) I will feel this strange void in my mind and soul. I was 28 on August 9th and I am now 28 on August 11th. But August 10th? I was nill, a non-exist in a plane full of enigmas. I don’t know. I’m sure I’m being dramatic but the whole thing strikes me as odd. Kris worked with a guy on our last trip who did the same Pacific trek and apparently THAT day, the one that got away, was his birthday, so he just totally missed his birthday. Completely. We’re in the middle of the twilight zone and nobody else here seems to care. I may never totally come to grips with this but I guess I have nothing else to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment